Sunday 14 March 2010

Magazine Conventions- Double Page Spread

When doing my magazine deconstructing I noticed that the layout was typically, one large picture and a title on one page, with text on the opposite page, or a large picture spread across the two pages with little text. I decided to use a layout with one large picture and title on one side, and a few smaller pictures and a lot of text for the interview on the opposite page. So my magazine shows typical conventions in the layout, but unlike most music magazines, I'm including a variety of other pictures of the music artist; in order to show the variety in the pictures I took, as well as making the page with the text on it more interesting. Which ventures outside of the typical music magazine conventions, giving it an individual twist. I still used conventions such as putting page numbers, the date and magazine title as a footer at the bottom of the page. A lot of interviews in music magazines, highlighted a specific quote from the text, and placed in the middle of the interview, using a larger and bolder font. This way people were given an insight into what topics the interview covered. I included this convention in my double page spread, as I thought it was a good feature to use, and made the page look more professional and realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment