Sunday 14 March 2010

Contents Page- Conventions

My magazine follows a lot of typical conventions in the contents page by; keeping the magazine title present on the page, using pictures of the artist featured on the front cover, using other pictures of features in the magazine, using listing to display the text, making page number references and writing the date. All of these conventions are taken from my magazine deconstruction, which allowed me to see how there are shared features in magazines to make things easier for the readers understanding. My contents page doesn't really stray from any typical conventions of music magazines contents pages, besides using two different list of text to direct the reader to the different features, which is rarely done.
I used the same fonts on my contents as I did on the front cover, this is another typical conventions of modern day music magazines; it helps to keep a simplicity to the overall product, and makes the connection with the front cover, that they're both from the same magazine. My contents page uses a simple colour scheme, which is also done conventionally in most music magazines, this avoids over complicating it, and making it more aesthetically appealing to the target audience. I used colours that would appeal to my target audience (teenage girls), as most other magazines do.
This analysis of a Q contents page made me familiar with typical conventions, and I wanted to convey some of these conventions in my own contents page.












No comments:

Post a Comment