Tuesday 13 April 2010

Front Cover: Final Copy

This is my final product of a front cover for my magazine:




My front cover has the same ideology as my contents page, it focuses on music and fashion and health which make these topics seem important and popular in modern society, and for media focus. I even have a feature on health, which talks about diet and exercise, which is another important concept in modern society, and a lot of girls follow healthy lifestyles to do with diet and exercise.
My front cover can be seen as appealing by a range of different social groups, however these social groups are all likely to come under my target audience, or close to the age group of 15-19. The colour scheme of mostly pink, turquoise, black and yellow, with a white background, has created a feminine style, but avoids looking overly feminine. The colours turquoise and black are stereotypically seen as more masculine, but combined with white and pink, they become a lot softer. Meaning that a range of girls who varied from having very feminine, to not feminine taste in merchandise, could be attracted to my magazine, via the front cover. The masthead font I've used has a very modern design, and would appeal to the younger generation, who are part of my target audience, as I'm not intending to attract people aged 20+ to my magazine; although they might find the modern font appealing. By creating a quirky look, by using experimental make up on my model, my magazine looks more offbeat and artistic, this would probably attract teenage girls with a less feminine, quirky style; however the text mentioning fashion articles may attract stereotypical feminine girls who are interested in fashion.
I conformed to the stereotype that magazines aimed at a female audience often have articles to do with fashion, and dieting; I've also used pink in the colour scheme which is a stereotypically feminine colour. However, I found this to be necessary in order to attract my target audience. I strayed away from the stereotypical main image on front covers aimed at females; which are usually happy, smiling girls, or topless boys. I didn't' wanted my image to symbolise someone with individuality, with a look that wasn't stereotypically feminine, so that a range of girls from different social groups would find it appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment